1. Eight of the fourteen eight-thousanders are located in Nepal. including the highest peak of the world- Mount Everest aka Sagarmatha.
2. Birth place of Lord Gautam Buddha (Light of Asia).
3. Second Richest Country (after Brazil) in Water Wesources.
The water has the capacity of generating 83,000 mega watts of hydro power potentiality but Nepal only utilizes 2 percent of hydro-electricity of its total production capacity. Also, Nepal has most costly Electricity all over the world.
4. Land of Brave Gorkhas (Gurkhas). Currently, we have Gurkha Regiments in Britain. Upto today it has won 24 Vicotria cross (i suppose).
5. Nepal's sovereignty was never in foreigns hand.
6. Only Hindu Kingdom in the world.
7. Religious Tolerance: Religion: 90% Hindu, 5% Buddhist. Buddhist celebrate Hindu festivals and vice versa.
8. Extreme Bio-Diversity. Rare and wide varsities of species.
9. In Nepal you can find every type of climate except that of ocean and desert (well we have similar desert climate in two upper districts).
10. Like dare devil bro said, we have rare herbs in high altitude.
11. Culture and Tradition.
12. Around 90 delicti( i cant spell it lol) are spoken in Nepal. I myself know 5.
13. This all happens in 147, 181 sq km.
14. The biggest "interesting fact" is, ask yourself when did you actually hear this country's name?
The capital is, indeed Kathmandu, and Bob Seger really, really, wants to go there. (Did he ever make it?) That is where Everest is. Oh, wait...
temple of the nepales and the people in the mountian. check them out.
.. contains eight of the ten highest mountains in the world ...
Nepal is the only country in the world where males outlive females ....
Nepal, hmm. I have always wanted to go there. very interesting.
2.Mt. Everest is there.
3. Himalayan Mountain range covers 80% of the land.
4.Supposingly abominable snowman roams the mountains of Nepal.
5.There money is called rupees.
supposedly the yeti lives here. also, it contains the himalayan mountains, which are the world's tallest range of mountains. it also includes mt. everest, the tallest mountain in the world. but i personally think the yeti fact is more interesting.
Nepal has a heck lot of interesting facts like
I) Mt. Everest and other Himalayan Ranges
II) Lumbini the birth place of LOrd Gautam Buddha founder of Buddhism
III) Trekking ares
IV) Wildlife that includes Royal Bengal Tiger and One horned Rhino
V) A kind of herb called Cordycepes which is extremely rare is also found in MId Western Nepal
VI) A kind of bird called Spinnny Babbler(check the spelling) is a bird that is found ONLY IN NEPAL
VII)and there is alot............................. in Pokhara